If you have problems ordering, call in and we can take your order manually.
APO/FPO/International Orders OK
Read this when comparing prices
and shopping online.
RULES ABOUT INTERNET SALES
Anyone who submits fraudulent credit card orders on
this site will end up on this
of online retailers.
ORION HCCA25001 HCCA 2500 WATT RMS @ 1 Ohm High Current Competition Class D Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Retail Price: $1,799.99
Thunder AV Price: Discontinued
Call / Email for Availability
- HCCA POWER AMPLIFERS
- In the 1980's, the technology was transistors and massive class AB designs that stretched the length of a foootball field, today it's more efficient MOSFET class D designs, but the outcome is still the same: serious amounts of power driving ridiculously low impedances at completely sick output levels. Whether you're looking for an SPL world record or you just want to do some serious damage on the streets, these amplifiers wil ensure they hear you before they see you. Hellacious power intersects with extreme efficiency under rugged die-cast aluminum covers with illuminated ORION badges that tell the world that HCCA is back! And to make the comeback even sweeter, these amps even offer our patented
- ESP2 features.
- HCCA AMPLIFIER FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- ESP2 CONTROL
- ESP2 is a proprietary protocol used to program various features within MD Audio Engineering's security and remote start products. This protocol has been adapted to further enhance the capabilities of the ORION amplifers.
- CUSTOM CONNECTORS
- The new terminal connectors accept larger gauge wire, simplify the installation and improve the cosmetic look of the install. With less overall insertion loss, the overall power and performance of the system is improved.
- EXTRUDED ALUMINUM HEAT SINK
- Extruded aluminum delivers solid aluminum heat sink for maximized performance.
- DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS
- These days it is much more likely that the consumer will be using the factory head unit with these amplifiers. To aid in the installation, we have equipped these amplifiers with high-level inputs that also include an Auto-Sense circuit. ORION's high-level inputs accpet voltages from 1V to 10V from the head unit's speaker outputs. When more then 1V is detected on the speaker line, the amplifier will turn on. Once the voltage is gone for more than 30 seconds, the amplifier will turn off.
- GAIN LOCK
- Through the ESP port on the amplifier while using a MD Audio Engineering Bitwriter, the gain setting can be locked out to prevent the gain adjustment from being changed.
- Matched outputs have less notch distortion and better sound quality. With symmetrical output designs, clipping the output creates an even order distortion (as opposed to an odd order distortion). if the outputs are not matched correctly. Even order distortion is much less offensive to human hearing. Thermal stability is improved as heat is dissipated from the devices more evenly.
- REMOTE GAIN CONTROL
- Connection of the optional RGC2 remote mountable gain control, which is included with all HCCA amplifiers, allows variable adjustments of the gain from the driver's seat. The RGC2 is only active when the crossover is set to low-pass.
- SYMMETRICAL LAYOUT
- Clean/efficient layout that helps to reduce hot spots and noise due to clutter or un-equal grounds or heat transfer.
- PHASE SWITCHING
- ORION HCCA amplifiers are equipped with the 0-180Ã‚Âº phase switch. Depending on the acoustics of the vehicle, the low frequency response may be improved by inverting the output of the amplifier to the woofer.
- INFRASONIC FILTER
- Aids in the elimination of unwanted noise or harmonics at very low frequency that may degrade the sound quality of a subwoofer and/or enclosure caused by distortion or over excursion from those unwanted noises and harmonics.
- CONCEALED CONTROLS
- The HCCA line offers extensive control under the locking top panel. This is done to keep the aesthetics for a clean installation while offering easy access for tuning. Turn-On Delay
Power Output:2,500 Watts RMS Class D Mono
1 x 625 RMS @ 4 Ohms
1 x 1250 RMS @ 2 Ohms
1 x 2500 RMS @ 1 Ohms